In the network are circulating many tips that an extended battery life with iOS 7 promise on iPhone and iPad. However, this does not hold what they promise.
The battery of a freshly unpacked iPhone that has no apps and email accounts are still installed, keeps day. But no one uses a so-virgin iPhone and it should not have to come only in order throughout the day.
We have too many apps installed, we never use, and leave them all the same in the background do whatever they want, If one of these apps, then Facebook, you have to decide or spare the battery grid hard.
1. First disable location service and background refresh for Facebook
Facebook is not only one of the most popular apps for iPhone and iPad, but also one of the most power-hungry. This app uses every dirty trick to always be active even in the background and as much data as possible to tap off- even if they are not used.
Failed to Facebook's location services and background refresh, can iPhone and iPad longer hours persevere. Just the Facebook app can ensure that the iPhone already in the afternoon makes limp and not last all day.
* Disable location services: Settings> Disable privacy> Location services> Facebook
* Disable background refresh: Settings> General> Background updating> Disable Facebook
2. Disable background refresh for the second little used apps
The background update of iOS 7 is a great new feature. If you have however installed many apps and any app can simply do what they want, you get to feel this in the battery life. Background refresh, you should really activate only for apps that are used several times a day. All other apps will not need it.
* Background updating for apps off: Settings> General>Background Update
3. Do not remove third party apps from app switcherThis may sound paradoxical, but constantly to remove apps from App Switcher (Multitasking menu), degrades the battery life of iPhone and iPad. iOS is the most advanced mobile operating system, also thanks to the ingenious resource and energy management. Inactive Apps in the App Switcher are offset from iOS into a deep sleep from which only wake up when they for background updating is enabled. Important files for each app remain during deep sleep for certain time in memory. This allows the app to restart quickly.
If you remove the app but, although they are used often from the App Switcher, their files will be removed from memory. When you start the app again, the system needs to load all the files again into the main memory. You play against the power-saving management of iOS.
Prolonged charging and discharging of the working memory load on the system and increase the power consumption. You can imagine it like a car, every few meters lying on the brake, only to going at full speed and squealing tires.
4. Push off for emailsThe push function loads emails automatically in the background on your iOS device as soon as they arrive on the mail server. This provides immediate notification of a new e-mail. A very handy feature that gnaws but also on the battery life. Accordingly push should be enabled only for those e-mail accounts that are really important. For all other accounts, you can automatically load for 15 or 30 minutes, hourly or manually define. If you select the manual mode, E-mails will be charged only when mail app is open.
It depends of course also on the configuration of the mail server. Is this well- configured, does not degrade the push function, the battery life.
* Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Fetch New Data
5. Disable push notifications for appsNot every app must necessarily send push notifications. Unfortunately abuse also many games the push function of iOS for self-promotion. This can not be ignored, but must be tough and clear the alerts only non-essential apps.
* Settings> Messages
6. Disable battery percentage displayDisable percentage indicator of the battery. This ongoing wake up the iOS device consumes power unnecessarily.
* Settings> General> Usage
7. Contact Apple, get the battery testedIf the battery life of your iPhone or iPad be very poor despite these power saving tips, it is recommended to contact Apple and get tested the battery. The device must not be dismantled for this purpose. The procedure takes only a few minutes. Software is installed for this test provides accurate information about charge cycles, the battery capacity and vitality. If the battery is faulty, Apple may replace it for free if still under warranty or AppleCare is available. But otherwise the exchange does not cost the world.
8. Activate airplane mode in areas with poor receptionThe quality of the mobile network has a strong impact on the battery life of a mobile phone. If reception is poor, the iPhone attempts to compensate for this, which uses more power. Persistent switching between EDGE, 3G, LTE and radio cells, the battery can very quickly in the knee between. So you are, for example, in the train on the road or in an area with poor network, you should enable airplane mode.
Do you've any other tips, share it with the readers in the comment section down below.
Check also: What Apple need to include in iOS 9, and Features in iOS 8 explained.